For use in automatic front loading machines only.
Suitable fabrics: cotton, linen, viscose and polyester/cotton mixes. Lighter shades on polyester mixes because pure synthetics do not pick up the dye. NOT SUITABLE FOR SYNTHETIC FABRICS
One pack will dye up to 600g /1lb dry weight fabric. Dyeing larger amounts (up to 1200g) will give a lighter colour.
You will need:
500g / 1lb of salt (regardless of the number of packs used)
Dylon Fabric Dye in your chosen colour
How to use:
1. Weigh dry fabric to check that you have sufficient dye. Wash thoroughly, even if new, to remove stains or dressings which may not be visible to the eye. Leave damp.
2. Wearing rubber gloves, empty full contents of pack(s) into dry drum (not soap dispenser).
3. Add 500g of salt, covering area where powder was added (only 500g of salt is required regardless of the number of packs of dye).
4. Put in damp, unfolded fabric.
5. Select and run a 40ºC cotton programme (do not use prewash, economy, quick wash or half load cycles)
6. When complete cycle has finished, add your usual washing detergent and run a 40ºC cotton programme.
7. When complete cycle has finished, remove your item from the machine, add your usual washing detergent and run another 40ºC programme with the machine empty to ensure that the machine is clean.
Dry fabric away from direct heat and sunlight. Wash separately for the first couple of washes to remove any excess dye.