Finding the perfect yarn for your next project is difficult. That’s why Knitting Co exists. Save yourself the trouble of going into every physical crafts store you can find looking for your perfect fit and coming up empty. Our online store stocks all yarns and knitting and crochet supplies you can possibly need, including high-quality 14 ply yarns. Our 14 ply comes in an alpaca blend, acrylic and more, in any colour you can dream of. We also have knitting patterns to use the yarn with, and all knitting needles or crochet hook sizes it requires. All of this comes with unbeatable prices and dedicated customer service. Read More
What is 14 ply yarn?
Yarn is made by weaving together several smaller strings of wool or other fabric; the amount of strings used is the ply number of the yarn in question. This process makes the yarn stronger and less flexible. 14 ply is one of the chunkier, thicker yarns. In the UK it’s called chunky, and in the US it’s called bulky. It might also be known as super chunky or super bulky. The suggested needle size for yarns like this is between 5.5 mm and anything over 9 mm. 14 ply is thick and cosy, and it’s also very fast to work with. It can be used for a lot of different projects, both in knitting and crocheting.
When you need 14 ply
You should opt for 14 ply in situations like the following:
- The pattern you’re following calls for 14 ply, chunky or bulky yarn
- You’re pressed for time and want to complete something fast
- You’re a beginner and want to see quickly if you mess something up
- You’re knitting anything with a bulky, chunky look, including ponchos, sweaters, baskets, blankets and pillows
- You just want to practice your craft
Buying 14 ply yarn in Australia
At Knitting Co, we have all the 14 ply yarns you could need, in various materials and colours. We’re one of Australia’s most trusted online stores selling knitting and crocheting supplies, so we’re always a good option to choose.
- We have one of the most extensive collections of knitting and crocheting supplies in the country, including products that are difficult to find elsewhere
- We’re a one-stop-shop where you can buy absolutely everything you need for your craft
- You save time shopping from the comfort of your home instead of visiting a physical store
- Our products are all high-quality and from well-known brands
- If you find a product we stock cheaper in another Australian store, we’ll beat that price by 5%; that’s our price beat guarantee
- We offer the cheapest Australian shipping rates in the industry and free shipping for orders over $99
- We have a 365-day return policy, so you have a full year to change your mind
Whether 14 ply is the right yarn for your next project or not, you’ll be able to find the perfect yarn on our website.
We have a large range of multiple ply yarns available
You’ll never need to find another store for your supplies again. Knitting Co can be relied on, so put in an order today and let us help you on your craft journey. Read Less